NSC states that nearly 11 workers die on the job each day in the United States. Of course, it is not possible to completely avoid distractions, but let’s reduce these numbers by Avoiding Distractions on the Job as much as possible.
Distractions are as deadly at work as they are while operating a car. Whether you are using machinery or walking down a flight of stairs, be alert and attentive to what is happening around you and what you are doing. Even if your employer allows the use of cell phones while working, do not use them while operating heavy machinery or driving the company car.
Some of the most common distractions include:
- Cell phone use
- Wearing headphones and missing important sound cues on the job site
- An unorganized workspace
- Trying to do too many things at once instead of focusing on completing one task at a time
- Drug or alcohol impairment
- Interruptions and mental distractions caused by daydreaming, stress, anxiety, or worry, distracting conversations
- Physical distractions from pain, hunger, dehydration, heat, or fatigue
What can you do to avoid injuries on the job? Be alert at all times and come to work prepared, well-rested, and ready to pay attention.
Stay Tuned for next week’s article on Job Safety and PPE.
About BPG Designs: BPG is a Telecommunication Infrastructure Company specializing in providing Turnkey Solutions from concept to connection for our customers. BPG was founded in 2000 in Phoenix, Arizona, and has expanded its markets with offices in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Fullerton, California.
We live the BPG Way every day, which means, We Care, We Find a Way, We Do the Right Thing, and We Are Passionate To Learn and Grow.
For information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org